With the holidays near, why not include a simple and healthy dog treat recipe for your pup in the baking line-up?
During the holiday season, in particular, we are often tempted by an abundance of goodies for ourselves. Just as many people find joy in eating, it’s clear that our Can Do Canines do too. If you haven’t yet seen our video about what feeding time in our kennel looks like, we’re serving it up again for you here.
Homemade Dog Treats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup peanut butter natural, (NO Xylitol or sugar substitutes)
- 2 cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the wet ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Add in flour and stir just until combined.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and roll out dough to one quarter inch, using flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
- Cut shapes out of dough and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 40 minutes - depending on the desired level of crunchiness. The treats will puff up a bit while baking.
- Remove treats from the oven and let them cool on a cooling rack.
These treats can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 month in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.