Can Do Canines has several basic prerequisites for individuals who may be interested in one of our programs. Please consider these questions, which are designed to help you determine whether or not to apply with our organization.
- Can you demonstrate that you would benefit from the tasks Can Do Canines assistance dogs are trained to perform?
- Do you have the means and resources to manage and care for a dog? This includes feeding, grooming, exercising the dog and taking the dog to regular veterinarian appointments.
- Do you believe you can be an effective and supportive leader for a dog?
- Are those in your circle or who live with you willing to support your relationship with an assistance dog and comply with basic guidelines established by Can Do Canines?
- Once receiving the dog, are you willing to stay engaged with Can Do Canines and provide periodic updates?
- Bringing a Can Do Canines assistance dog into your life is a major lifestyle change and commitment. Do you believe you are ready for this change and commitment?
If the answers to the above questions are all yes, then an assistance dog from Can Do Canines may be right for you.
However, before you do, we also suggest reviewing:
Top 22 Things to Know Before Getting an Assistance Dog
The Overall Changes that Come with Having an Assistance Dog