How to Use a Gentle Leader
Notes about fit:
- Head strap: clips snuggly behind ears and stays put (space for no more than 1 finger in strap), pull strap through slider to tighten
- Nose loop: loose enough to move down the bridge of nose and reach “leather line” but not slide off
- Nose loop is adjustable via the black plastic slider under the chin, flip toggle out to release clamp and slide towards O-ring to loosen, or pull O-ring side through black toggle to shorten nose loop
Putting on a Gentle Leader:
- Make a loop above the silver figure-8 divider.
- Cue “Get Dressed” so the dog’s nose moves into the loop, with the silver divider under the chin.
- Clip head straps together behind the dog’s ears, it will be tight.
- Attach leash to O ring.
Remember to treat along the way for your dog coming to you, waiting nicely, and staying still while you put the nose loop on, then reach straps to clip at the base of the skull.
For further instruction, see the Gentle Leader PDF Guide here.