Become part of the Can Do Canines pack! Can Do Canines is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for people with disabilities by creating mutually beneficial partnerships with specially trained dogs. The dogs are provided to the client at no charge. The organization is supported primarily by donations from individuals, corporations, service clubs, and foundations.
Job Summary: Greet visitors, answer phone calls, and be the face of Can Do Canines. Provide administrative support for the organization.
Salary: Non-exempt, hourly wage, $40,000-$45,000 annually. Eligible for Health and Dental Insurance, 403(b), Paid Time Off (PTO), and after one year of employment 403(b)
Hours Required: 40 Hours per week, including occasional weekend and evening hours.
Deadline: Open until filled
Reports to: Director of Operations
Person(s) Make Work Assignments: Director of Operations, Executive Director
Positions Supervised: Frequent communications with and some supervision of volunteers
Frequent Interactions With: Development Team, Puppy Program Team, Volunteer Coordinator
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all visitors and answer phone calls in a warm and caring manner.*
- Handle some aspects of human resources function.*
- Handle some aspects of facilities and vehicle-related functions.*
- Generate board packet through interactions with Executive Director and Board of Directors.*
- Assist with Point of Sale transactions as needed.*
- Order supplies for program, administrative and facility maintenance needs.*
- Regularly process payables and receivables in Quickbooks.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Denotes essential functions of this position.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills are essential.
- A positive attitude and ability to respond to changing work demands is top priority.
- Professional telephone experience and excellent phone skills are required.
- The person in this position is often required to work within strict deadlines and may be asked to handle conflicting priorities. The ability to recognize such situations and respond appropriately is necessary.
- A valid driver’s license and insurability are required.
- Knowledge of and experience in QuickBooks, databases, customer service, and working with persons with disabilities are preferred.
- Last but not least, you must love dogs. Even if you don’t have one or more of your own, you should genuinely enjoy our canine companions, along with their wet kisses, occasional vocalizations throughout the facility, and hair that will accessorize your clothes.
Two-year degree and two years of related experience, or four or more years of related work experience.
How to Apply
Please email your COVER LETTER (required) and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line list: Your last name, your first name; Administrative Assistant
Phone calls and video resumes will not be accepted.
Expected Working Conditions** for This Position Frequency
1. Exposure to dog and cat dander: Daily
2. Exposure to dog and cat feces: Never
3. Work directly with dogs: Never
4. Exposure to cleaning chemicals: Rarely
5. Use cleaning tools: mops, brooms, floor “Zamboni”, floor buffer, vacuum cleaner, etc.: Rarely
6. Work outdoors: Rarely
7. Work in public environment, sometimes in retail: Rarely
8. Work in prison environment: Never
9. Work in office environment: Daily
10. Perform work using a computer: Daily
11. Heavy lifting, up to 30 pounds: Occasionally
12. Heavy lifting, 30 pounds or more: Never
13. Stoop, crawl, kneel, rise from a prone or kneeling position: Rarely
14. Sit for long periods of time: Daily
15. Stand for long periods of time: Occasionally
16. Work in small or cramped spaces: Never
17. Perform work using a telephone: Daily
18. Work with clients: Rarely
19. Work with parties external to the organization: Occasionally
20. Work with volunteers: Regularly
21. Drive organizational vehicles: Occasionally
22. Handle checks, cash, credit card transactions: Rarely
23. Public Interactions: Daily
Working Conditions Guidelines
Daily = Daily
Frequently = Weekly
Regularly = Monthly
Occasionally = Quarterly to Bi-Annually
Rarely = Annually
Never = Never
**Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (the "ADA") requires an employer to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. "In general, an accommodation is any change in the work environment or in the way things are customarily done that enables an individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities."