Become part of the Can Do Canines pack! Can Do Canines is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for people with disabilities by creating mutually beneficial partnerships with specially trained dogs. The dogs are provided to the client at no charge. The organization is supported primarily by donations from individuals, corporations, service clubs, and foundations. We receive no government funding.
Job Summary: Plan, structure and implement the annual fund programs to reach the ongoing funding needs of the organization.
Salary: Exempt, Salaried. Eligible for Health and Dental Insurance, 403(b), Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hours Required: Minimum 40 Hours per week, including weekend and evening hours. We value work-life balance for our employees, however, so we’ll make sure you are staying healthy.
Deadline: Open until filled
Reports to: Development Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Frequent Interactions With: Development Director, Development Assistant, Event Coordinator, Marketing and Communication Manager, Marketing and Communication Specialist
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and execution of direct marketing strategies for a multi-channel and donor-centric communication strategy that engages constituents throughout the annual giving cycle to include: *
a) Direct Mail Campaigns
b) Social Media Campaigns
c) Donor acquisition and cultivation strategies
d) Email & Online Giving Campaigns (Give to the Max Day)
e) Sustained/Workplace Giving Program
- Analyze and interpret data to develop strategy and ensure success of fundraising programs/projects and enhance reach to all constituents. *
- Work with communication team to utilize website, texting, video and social media outreach tailored to specific audiences within the Can Do Canines community. *
- Manage an interactive client giving campaign and promote our Name a Puppy program. *
- With Volunteer Coordinator, identify volunteers with matching gift/workplace giving opportunity.*
- Other duties as assigned.*Denotes essential functions of this position.
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization, developing relationships with donors.
- Advanced experience with CRM’s, DonorPerfect is preferred.
- Exceptionally skilled in writing, especially in a persuasive way to a specific audience.
- Experience with e-marketing platforms, specifically Mailchimp.
- Savvy with Google applications, including Analytics and Ads; and SEO.
- Experience preferred with marketing campaign tracking, website editing and social media.
- These qualifications are typically obtained by three or more years of related work experience.
- This position requires public speaking, use of a telephone and computer to perform work, and working with strict deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will have organizational skills, be detail-oriented, and able to balance priorities.
- A valid driver’s license and insurability are required.
- Last but not least, you must love dogs. Even if you don’t have one or more of your own, you should genuinely enjoy our canine companions, along with their wet kisses, occasional vocalizations throughout the facility, and hair that will accessorize your clothes.
Associates Degree in related field and five or more years of related experience, or Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of related experience or seven or more years of related experience, or reasonable variation of the above.
How to Apply
Please email your COVER LETTER (required) and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line list: Your last name, your first name; Development Associate
Phone calls and video resumes will not be accepted.
Expected Working Conditions** for This Position Frequency
1. Exposure to dog and cat dander: Daily
2. Exposure to dog and cat feces: Never
3. Work directly with dogs: Never
4. Exposure to cleaning chemicals: Rarely
5. Use cleaning tools: mops, brooms, floor “Zamboni”, floor buffer, vacuum cleaner, etc.: Never
6. Work outdoors: Rarely
7. Work in public environment, sometimes in retail: Frequently
8. Work in prison environment: Never
9. Work in office environment: Daily
10. Perform work using a computer: Daily
11. Heavy lifting, up to 30 pounds: Occasionally
12. Heavy lifting, 30 pounds or more: Rarely
13. Stoop, crawl, kneel, rise from a prone or kneeling position: Rarely
14. Sit for long periods of time: Daily
15. Stand for long periods of time: Regular
16. Work in small or cramped spaces: Rarely
17. Perform work using a telephone: Daily
18. Work with clients: Regular
19. Work with parties external to the organization: Frequently
20. Work with volunteers: Frequently
21. Drive organizational vehicles: Occasionally
22. Handle checks, cash, credit card transactions: Regularly
23. Public Speaking: Regularly
Working Conditions Guidelines
Daily = Daily
Frequently = Weekly
Regularly = Monthly
Occasionally = Quarterly to Bi-Annually
Rarely = Annually
Never = Never
**Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (the "ADA") requires an employer to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. "In general, an accommodation is any change in the work environment or in the way things are customarily done that enables an individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities."